Even though I am terribly behind on my blog due to the fact that I had to serve on a jury for almost 2 weeks and baby is cutting his 6th tooth, I decided I’d go ahead and do an update on what baby learned and became interested in during month 9. It was a really big month for him and I’d have to say in terms of learning new things it rivals month 6.
- Big boy crawling on his hands and knees. (One day he just did it and from then on hasn’t stopped)
- Standing from a sitting position without holding on to anything.
- Pointing at objects and being able to identify them by pointing at them if I call them out. Ie: light, shoes, tv, Vincent in mama’s belly (Pic of his ultrasound on the fridge)
- Helping to dress himself by putting his arms into his shirts and realizing that the shirt has to go over his head.
- How to put a hat or other objects on his head.
- How to eat with his spoon.
- Playing peek-a-boo where he is the one hiding.
- Words he learned: Grandma and ball stick out as the two big ones.
- All words to date: Hi, mama, doggy, get you get you, tickle tickle, Elmo, baba, neh neh (his word for bottle w/ formula), big boy (Can’t say it very well), no no and nei nei (Norwegian for no). Probably more that I can’t remember right now. Still no “papa”.
- Babbling (lots and lots of it).
- Obsessed with watching the toilet flush, emptying the dogs water bowl or trying to eat the dogs food before I catch him, spitting, still absolutely loves music and dances all the time to it
- Learned how to play with this “ball popper” toy that he got. He puts the ball IN the machine to make it spit it back out. (Got video that I will show later.)
- Learned to walk with a push toy that he got on Christmas day
Last but not least…
- Learned to walk!!! on January 29th, one of the only days I ever left him in his whole 9 months. I was at Jury duty but luckily my mom got it on video and he hasn’t stopped since and is now almost a pro.
I will post a few blogs at a later time with vids and with the techniques I have been using to get him to point and identify objects and also learn how to eat with a spoon.
I enjoyed the last one…learned to walk! That is awesome!! Now they will not stop! :o) Sounds like the lil one is on the way to growing up before you know it.
Yay for milestones! When my niece starting walking it was so exciting and I’m glad that my sis recorded it since we live so far away. I can’t wait to experience those events with my kiddo!