Please join me, @detroitmommy today at 1pm EST for the World’s Largest Bake Sale Twitter Party in support of No Kid Hungry! All details for the Twitter party & the Bake Sale can be found below. Help support a great cause!
GOAL: Driving awareness for the World’s Largest Bake Sale event on May 1st at Vanderbilt Hall, Grand Central Station, NY hosted by Sandra Lee, Martha Stewart and more! All proceeds from the sales of baked goods at the event will be donated to benefit No Kid Hungry and the Food Bank of New York.
Twitter Party Info & How-To
DATE/TIME: April 25th at 1pm EST
Prizes will be handed out at the party.
- Follow the co-hosts above & myself @detroitmommy
- Pick a program to follow the twitter chat OR simply search #WorldsLargestBakeSale & follow that way. My favorite program to use for twitter chats is: http://tweetchat.com/ it makes it look like a chatroom. It can move pretty quickly though! Sign in, authorize the app, then input WorldsLargestBakeSale at the top of the screen where it says TWEETCHAT. Click on “User Control” & type in: SandraLee, BakeSale4NKH, typennington, foodbank4nyc, shopyourway, kmart, detroitmommy & anyone else who’s tweets you want to highlight! This way you won’t miss the questions or anything the hosts have to say.
- A series of 10 questions will be asked regarding baking. Very easy questions that anyone can answer. When responding it is always best to answer by typing the number of the question you are answering. Example:
@SandraLee Q9: Name one baking accessory you absolutely couldn’t live without?#WorldsLargestBakeSale
@detroitmommy Q9: I couldn’t live without my KitchenAid Mixer! #WorldsLargestBakeSale
Any questions please find me and ask me & I will be more than willing to help you!
Other Participating Handles to follow or watch for:
Event information For World’s Largest Bake Sale
Date & Time: May 1st from 10am – 7pm
Location: Grand Central Terminal, Vanderbilt Hall, New York
Why: To benefit No Kid Hungry and the Food Bank of New York
View the Event Poster (pdf file)
Sandra Lee’s World’s Largest Bake Sale for No Kid Hungry, is a national fundraising initiative presented by Kmart, Domino Sugar, C&H Sugar and Duncan Hines that encourages volunteers to host bake sales in their communities to support Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry campaign to end childhood hunger in America. Currently over 16 million children, or 1 in 5 struggle with childhood hunger.
Sandra will co-host the World’s Largest Bake Sale along with Mario Batali, Emeril Lagasse, Bobby Flay, Guy Fieri, Dylan Lauren, Buddy Valastro, Wendy Williams, Martha Stewart, Food Network Kitchens and designer Ty Pennington. Thirty five chefs from area restaurants have donated baked goods from the sweet to the savory. Sandra Lee’s World’s Largest Bake Sale is presented by Kmart, Shop Your Way and Sears with sponsor support by Duncan Hines, Hasbro, Philadelphia Cream Cheese and Domino Sugar.
All proceeds from the sales of baked goods at the event will be donated to benefit No Kid Hungry and the Food Bank for New York. In the weeks following the event, many items donated by the celebrities including an exclusive Bake Sale Stand designed by Ty Pennington will be auctioned off for charity to further support the cause.
How You Can Help:
- Donate and spread awareness of No Kid Hungry
- Register to become a baker
- Follow this link & Retweet the following message: http://bit.ly/15QN6Jg