When I first got pregnant one of my daily destinations on the web was babycenter.com I checked the site religiously, several times each day. They have so much information available on the web that it would be hard to avoid them (not that you would want to). Their site is one of the first sites I visit still to this day whenever I have questions regarding just about anything to do with my children.
My beautiful boys
New Things To Discover At BabyCenter
Now babycenter.com has even more ways to make your life easier. They have online classes, iphone apps, parenting books. You name it, they have it. I recently had a chance to check out both of their new books. I’ll tell you this, they are definitely something you want on your shelf. BabyCenter Pregnancy has everything you’d need to know from conception to birth and BabyCenter Baby has all the info you need for the first year of life. They are top quality books and I have just loved going through them.
BabyCenter Now Offers Online Class
As I mentioned above babycenter now has an online class called “Preparing for Labor and birth”. Even though I just gave birth 2 months ago it’s still something I plan on checking out. I love to compare all the information out there with my own experience and what I actually went through. I think this would be a great resource for pregnant women. I wish it had been around 2 years ago when I was a new mom and had so many questions.
Babycenter has tons of other reasons you should check them out if you haven’t, which if you’re pregnant or thinking about it I would find it hard to believe you hadn’t already. You may not know about all their new products and services though and that’s where I come in.
After you get through checking out all the new things they have to offer make sure you enter the giveaway below!
Here is a little information for you directly from Babycenter:
“Last year, 7 in 10 babies born in the United States were BabyCenter babies and more than 8 million moms in the United States turn to BabyCenter each month for information, advice and guidance.
As the world’s partner in parenting, BabyCenter offers moms trusted advice from hundreds of experts around the globe, medical advisory board-approved information, friendship with other moms, and support at every stage of your child’s development.”
In an effort to be there for mom during her pregnancy and parenting journey, wherever and whenever she needs it most, BabyCenter continually strives to offer valuable parenting tools. Among the latest and greatest include:
- BabyCenter My Pregnancy Today App
- This new, free application for the iPhone and iTouch, guides expectant moms through their pregnancy journey, offering award-winning, medically reviewed health content; advice from obstetricians, midwives, nutritionists, and other experts; daily activities and reminders; and conversation and connection with other moms-to-be in BabyCenter’s community.
- BabyCenter “Preparing for Labor and Birth” Online Class
- The BabyCenter Class is a convenient, at-home option for moms who can’t attend hospital childbirth classes due to hectic work schedules or being put on bed rest. And the price is right, too! For only $39.99, the all-new 2-hour instructional course lets you hear from doctors, ask your questions, and build confidence for your big day. Preparing for Labor and Birth includes: An explanation of the signs and stages of labor; What to expect during labor; Labor and birth stories from new moms; An overview of your pain-management options; A tour of a delivery room; Suggestions for creating your birth plan; A checklist to help you prepare for the big day and more.
- BabyCenter Parenting Books (BabyCenter® Pregnancy and BabyCenter® Baby)
- These two new practical and reassuring books provide pregnant women and new mothers with all of the information and support they need during this exciting new time in their lives, with a blend of expert advice and true “mom wisdom.” Both are great, highly visual, reference books to keep on the nightstand for that nagging question or concern that inevitably pops up in the middle of the night.
- Mom Answers
- This new interactive tool gives BabyCenter moms an emotionally supportive environment where they can ask questions and get answers straight from other moms who’ve had similar life experiences. It’s like having access to 8 million best girlfriends 24/7.
- The new Milestones tool provides BabyCenter moms the ability to quickly and easily record important pregnancy and childhood milestones and share them with friends and family via e-mail, Facebook, and the BabyCenter Community. It’s a fun way to create an online “baby book.”
Prize: 1 lucky winner will receive a prize pack like the one below: BabyCenter Pregnancy and BabyCenter Baby, a package of Seventh Generation diapers, a gift card from BabyCenter partner, Shutterfly and a BabyCenter bib
To Enter: Please complete the required task. If the required task is not completed then none of your entries will count. After that you have several other ways of getting extra entries. Make sure that for each one you do you leave a separate comment. Each comment counts as one entry. Please leave your correct email addy.
Tell me who you’d like to win this for and if they are expecting or have a new baby.
2 Extra Entries
* Follow me publicly on Google friend connect (look to the right in my sidebar)
* Follow me on Facebook
* Share this giveaway on your FB and tag my fan page if you know how
* Follow babycenter on Twitter @babycenter (leave your twitter name)
* “Like” babycenter on Facebook and tell them I sent you
* Grab my new button and put it on your site (if you’d like to exchange let me know)
5 Extra Entries
*Subscribe to my site by Email or RSS then check your mail to confirm it (See top left corner of blog sidebar) (leave 5 separate comments to count as your extra entries)
1 Extra Entry Per Day
* Follow me on Twitter @detroitmommy and this post Leave me a comment with a link to your tweet. You can come back each day and retweet for 1 extra entry per day. Just make sure to leave a comment each day you do it!
(Don’t know how to show me you RT’d? Just place your mouse directly under your tweet where it says “1 minute ago from web” and click to get the URL of your status update. Copy and Paste.)
Giveaway is open to residents of the U.S., 18 yrs of age or older. Any posts not including the requested information will be deleted. This giveaway ends: Sunday, December 5, 2010 12am EST. Winner will be contacted immediately and announced Monday December 6, 2010. In the event the winner does not respond to email within 48 hours I will choose another random winner. I will be using random.org to do this
Connect With BabyCenter Online
Disclosure: I received a prize pack like the one above from babycenter through myblogspark in order to facilitate this review. No monetary exchange took place. All opinions are my own. Information provided by babycenter.